In honor of the 50 things that make me happy list I started over at my personal blog after being inspired by this post, I decided to make a list exclusively for my love of all things photographic, starting with the first five…
- the satisfying feeling of after taking a picture, the sound and feel of advancing your film to the next frame. its just one of those things
- selective focusing, anything using any distortion of depth of field in general- I’m all over that.
- early evening/late afternoon light, its just so warm and the sunsets are almost alwayyyyyys beautiful.
- FILM GRAIN, need I say more? Thats like our [film photographers] bread and butter. Sometimes you’re feeling extra grainy and you go out and get some nice high speed film or push your film a couple stops, or you’re feeling extra fine and go out and buy a really expensive roll of film that has the tiniest softest grain you’ve ever dealt with. Its just [another] one of those things.
- when your print is so well made you don’t have to spend over 5 minutes spot-toning (the analoge equivalent to removing dust spots with a clone tool, we just fill in the white spots with pigment to make it blend into the picture)
What are some of your favorite things/things that make you happy about photography?