90. Its a large number. Its almost 100. In terms of days of the year, that’s a quarter of it. And that’s about how long I’ve been mentally checked out around this blog. I apologize. But on the plus side, in the last 90 days I’ve completely changed my life.
In 90 days I’ve:
- managed to learn to cook meat (yes I had never cooked raw meat in my apartment before).
- worked out an average of about 5 days a week (usually 6 but there were some weeks when it was less).
- learned so many things about nutrition and fitness (ex: doing cardio after strength training, or what a recovery window is)
- learned so many things about myself, what I’m capable of, what my body needs, what I need to be happy.
- stopped feeding my body absolute crap.
- cut down the drinking. (not that I was really a drinker before, but now I’m a bit more selective)
- stopped emotional eating. (had a bad day? why not reward yourself for surviving with a cheeseburger? wrong! so wrong!!! you’re not a bitch, don’t reward yourself with food like you do a dog!)
- learned I love things like protein bars, shakes, powder and they’re actually good for you too if chosen wisely, and not just for bodybuilders.
- learned how to prioritize things in my life beginning with the basics, like health and mental clarity.
- inspired multiple friends, family, and coworkers and motivated a few of them to spring into action in their own lives and get healthier
- started to reverse my aging process, or so I’d like to think i look younger now that i’m healthier.
The best thing about the past 90 days is that I began to finally become who I’ve been working on being for a L O N G time. I see her. When I look in the mirror I catch a glimpse of the person I want to be in my eyes. She’s there, she’s ready and waiting patiently for me to meet my goals. But for the first time in almost 6 years I see her again, when I thought I’d never see her again. It feels good. It feels DAMN good to be coming into my own finally. I’ve always been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect except my boobs.
And the icing to my delicious [healthy] cake? At this point I’ve lost 24 pounds (probably more by the time you’re all reading this). I’ve lost 5 inches on my waist alone and 4 on the worst part of my ‘pansa’ (gut). I’ve dropped an entire CATEGORY on the BMI chart. I’ve lost several Body Fat percentage points. I’m wearing clothes I haven’t worn in over 3 years. I’m finally feeling like myself again and it feels good. I’ve got another 6 months of really hard work ahead of me until I reach my goal but being a 3rd way in and on track feels great and I had to share what I’ve been up to lately.
Honestly I don’t feel THAT bad for neglecting my artistic side the past 3 months because I’ve been working on my healthy side and getting things back in order so that I can be fully dedicated to doing what I love to do without getting winded, or being lazy.
But I’m back.
I wanted to say hi,
and that I’ve missed you all.